Responsible for safely leading guests through facilitated, high, low and portable games, initiatives and elements.
Responsible for safely leading guests on a guided point to point zip tour through Eastgate Park.
Responsible for safely belaying climbers on the indoor rock wall and teaching climbing classes.
If you choose to work for us as a practitioner you will be trained as a challenge course facilitator, zip tour guide, and climbing instructor. To apply, send you resume to Zip@nwteambuilding.com, along with a brief message about which position you are interested in and why you are interested in working with us.
The individuals who occupy this role will be asked to commit to working 8-20 hours per week on Northwest Teambuilding and Bellevue Zip Tour programs. The purpose of this role is to provide exceptional teambuilding programming and zip tour experiences for Northwest Teambuilding clients. Duties include creating program sequences and facilitating programs for youth to adult groups utilizing portable initiatives, low course elements, the Bellevue Challenge Course (including the Vertical Playpen and static high course), the Bellevue Zip Tour, and other sites as assigned.
Must attend trainings on the following dates:
The next training will be near the end of May Dates TBD
Challenge Course Duties and Responsibilities:
· Facilitate Challenge Course Programs
· Planning, preparation and delivery of educational programming according to the group’s goals
· Communicate directly with the program’s organizers and chaperones to ensure that their expectations are being met
· Able to solely manage a group of 12 participants of youth and/ or adults
· Able to lead large group activities for groups as large as 120 people
· Able to perform high course rescues & assists
Zip Tour Duties and Responsibilities:
· Operate the Bellevue Zip Tour as a Zip Send
· Able to independently operate braking protocol for yourself
· Able to entertain and engage participants throughout their entire zip tour experience
· Able to perform participant and self-lowers from necessary platforms
· Responsible for personal and participant life safety systems
· Checks in regularly with the zip tour manager
· Deliver relevant tour information to participants including environmental & cultural location specific facts
· Use of registration software to monitor tour numbers
General Duties and Responsibilities:
· Will follow Local Operating Procedures and supervise other staff in accordance with Local Operating Procedures
· Must be able to work weekends
· Must be able to attend all staff trainings and staff meetings
· Strong desire and ability to work in the outdoors as a part of a team
· Working with people of all ages, backgrounds, and abilities, provide a positive and inclusive experience for customers – adapt activities to meet participant needs
· Desire to personally learn and grow
· Desire to help participants learn and grow
· Demonstrate, instruct, and supervise participants and staff in correct equipment use
· Provide emotional support for guests in distress
· Able to talk and give specific directions in front of large groups of people
· Strong work ethic and provides excellent customer service
· Possesses excellent judgement, decision making, and risk management skills
· Ability to manipulate ropes, cables, hardware and other equipment used in setup, operation, and breakdown of courses
· Able to initiate an Emergency Action Plan and fully understands their role in the process
· Able to perform both visual and tactile inspections on courses and equipment
· Able to read and complete written forms in clear penmanship and language
· Reliable transportation to and from work
· Must be able to check and respond to emails or other communication on a daily basis.
· Able to record incidents and/ or close calls via online forms effectively and in great detail.
· Other duties and responsibilities as assigned
· Can lift up to 75 lbs
· Able to work at height including but not limited to: climbing poles, nets, ladders, crossing challenge course elements
· Able to stand/walk/sit in a harness for an extended period of time
Minimum Required Education and Experience
· Facilitating/teaching or customer service experience
· High School Diploma or equivalent
Preferred Education and Experience
· Physically be able to retrieve a 250 lb adult on a zip line.
· ACCT Accredited Level 1 or Level 2 Certification
· Zip Guide experience
· Experience working with youth and adult groups
· Can fulfill lead facilitator and/or zip line receive role
· Ability to speak languages other than English
· Knowledge of ACCT operations standards
Limited online booking now available.
If you do not see a date and time that work for you please shoot us a message and we will see what we can do.
Adult(18+): $85___ Youth(8-17): $70
Min. Weight: 60lbs Max. Weight: 250lbs
Tour Duration: 1 hour- 2.5 hours depending on group size